However, despite the Act being repealed in 1949, nomadic and de-notified tribes were not made a part of the village panchayat.
What does DNTS stand for?
DNTS stands for De-Notified Tribe (India)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DNTS
- Den Nationale Tolkemyndighed (Danish: The National Interpretation Authority)
- Disseminated Non-Tuberculous Mycobacterial
- Definitely Not The Opera (CBC radio program)
- Deoxynucleotide Triphosphate
- Do Not Track Plus (software)
- Draft Navy Training Plan
- DuPage National Technology Park (West Chicago, IL)
- Departamento Nacional dos Trabalhadores Rurais (Portuguese: National Bureau of Rural Workers; Brazil)
- Dynamic National Tennis Rating Program
- Denso Thermal Systems (Italy)
- Diplôme National de Technologie Spécialisé (French: National Diploma in Specialized Technology)
- Director Naval Transportation Service (US Navy)
- Double Needle Top Stitch (fashion)
- Double-Negative T cells (cell type)
- Dover National Test Site
- Duy Ngan Technology Solutions (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
- Data in NTSC Video
- Day Night Thermal Sight System
- Dental Networking Telecosulting Team (Italy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The prejudice of the police towards the nomadic and de-notified tribes is quite stunning, and repeatedly the police officers have asserted on record that 'even history tells us that these are born criminals', referring to their grossly unjust declaration as 'criminal tribes' by the British.