We thank colleague Ford, with whom we leave an expression treasured by our own paternal grandmother: De gustibus non est disputandum.
What does DGNED stand for?
DGNED stands for De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum (Latin: there's no accounting for tastes)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Delayed Gamma-Ray Neutron Activation Analysis
- Deposit Guaranty National Bank
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Nachhaltiges Bauen eV (German: German Sustainable Building Council)
- Downers Grove National Bank (Downers Grove, IL)
- Detailed Guidance Notes for Charities (tax laws; UK)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Neurochirurgie eV (German Society for Neurosurgery)
- Digi Neo and ClassicBoard PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect) Driver (computing)
- Digital Ground
- Director General Naval Design (Indian Navy)
- De Gustibus Non Disputandum Est (Latin: the tastes is not a thing to discuss)
- Direction de la Gestion Nationale des Fréquences (French: Directorate of National Frequency Management)
- Diguang International Development Co., Ltd. (China)
- Discontinuous Galerkin Non-Hydrostatic (joint project)
- Dumfriesshire & Galloway Natural History and Antiquarian Society (est. 1862; UK)
- Downers Grove North High School (Downers Grove, IL)
- Deutschen Gesellschaft für Neurointensiv-und Notfallmedizin (German: German Society for Neuro-Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Neuromodulation eV (German: German Society for Neuromodulation eV)
- Diploma-General Nursing and Midwifery (India)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Neuropathologie und Neuroanatomie eV (German Society for Neuropathology and Neuroanatomy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These can generally be relegated to the realm of de gustibus non est disputandum, but they sometimes point to more compelling issues of valuation and historical retrospect.
As Grandmother Wood used to say, "De gustibus," which is the short form of de gustibus non est disputandum - There is no disputing about tastes.