There are a number of features that need developing, like: the database abstraction layer, the extension registry and manager and the template editor (with its own script language).
What does DBAL stand for?
DBAL stands for Database Abstraction Layer
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DBAL
We have 2 other meanings of DBAL in our Acronym Attic
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (German investment company)
- Discovering Buddhism at Home (home audio course)
- Daniel Bloom and Associates, Inc. (Largo, FL)
- Debt Buyers Association International
- Dermatoses Bulleuses Auto-Immunes (French: Autoimmune Bullous Dermatosis)
- Designed by an Idiot
- Diagonal Block Approximate Inverse Preconditioner
- Don Bosco Anbu Illam (Indian orphanage)
- Daytona Beach Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- Dubai Bone and Joint (United Arab Emirates)
- Drunken but Always Lovable (gaming clan)
- Dual Beam Aiming Laser (contains a visible and infrared laser)
- Danube Basin Alarm Model (decision-support model; various locations)
- Department of Budget and Management (Maryland)
- Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation with Multiple Services (network management)
- Don't Be A Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (movie)
- Danish Business Angel Network
- Darik's Boot and Nuke (floppy-based utility for wiping hard disks securely)
- Dibromoacetonitrile (disinfection by-product)
- Data Base Access Object
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, BrowserMedia utilized the Hibernate database abstraction layer to enable a bridge between objects and the relational database.
Built-in, automated test environment featuring a continuous integration test suite running against every patch for long-term stability of the project * Version upgrade manager and migration from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7 * Performance and scalability improvements that serve web visitors faster via advanced caching, content delivery networks (CDN), and master-slave replication * Custom fields in core, native data item fields for any content type, but also for users, taxonomy, and other entities, plus support for translations * Database abstraction layer, enabling the use of many databases, such as Maria DB [http://mariaDB.