PolyServe Matrix Server(TM) shared data clustering software now supports Oracle(R) Database 10g on Linux.
What does DBF stand for?
DBF stands for Database (file name extension)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DBF
We have 62 other meanings of DBF in our Acronym Attic
- Data Base of Public Expressed Sequence Tag
- Dena Bank Employees Union (India)
- Département de Biologie et Écologie Végétale (French: Department of Plant Biology and Ecology; Madagascar)
- Digonnet Bécheras Espace Vert (French: Beaker Digonnet Grounds)
- Despatch Payable Both Ends, Working Time Saved (shipping)
- Data Base Extracted
- Don't Believe Everything You Read
- Dallas Bar Foundation (Dallas, TX)
- Danish Beekeepers Federation
- Danmarks Badminton Forbund (Denmark)
- DBase and FoxPro (software)
- Dear Boy Friend
- Decibel (referenced to 1 femtowatt)
- Dedicated Biotechnology Firm
- Deep Blues Festival
- Defined Benefit Fund (various organizations)
- Délégation des Barreaux de France (French: Delegation of the Bars of France; law association)
- Denis Bassez Fermetures (French: Denis Bassez Closures)
- Densified Biomass Fuel
- Design Basis Fault
Samples in periodicals archive:
Database growth and storage issues are a top priority for large and small enterprises worldwide.
Related issues include data collection, database design, the description of entries in the database using the most appropriate representation, and data quality.
Clustering is simply a way to physically and logically group hardware and software resources to work together as one system, and there are a variety of clustering configurations that allow for load balancing among the hardware, software and database resources.
To this point, I have described functional characteristics of a union catalog, independent of implementation; in theory, such a union catalog could be implemented by a single centralized database, a distributed database which is centrally administered, or by a user interface to a distributed search system which accepted user queries, derived and dispatched appropriate queries to multiple autonomously managed heterogeneous databases and then post-processed the results for presentation to users.
In this age of electronic information, hardly a scrap of data useful to accountants isn't recorded somewhere--most likely in an electronic database easily accessible by computer.
Global Leader in Database Security Delivers Industry-First, Integrated, Cost-Effective Suite, Removing Barriers to Widespread Deployment of Complete Database Security NEW YORK and SAN FRANCISCO -- Application Security, Inc.
Somewhere between database management and storage management lies a new technology, active archiving.