The general populace most often uses IT to refer to the data processing department in a company.
What does DPD stand for?
DPD stands for Data Processing Department
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DPD
We have 151 other meanings of DPD in our Acronym Attic
- Disruptive Pattern Combat Uniform
- District Project Coordination Unit
- Differential Pressure Control Valve
- Differential Pulse Cathodic Voltammetry
- Dual Plate Check Valve (product)
- Dysfonction Paradoxale des Cordes Vocales (French: Paradoxical Vocal Cord Dysfunction)
- Disabled Persons Community Welfare Act (New Zealand)
- Daily Policy Digest (National Center for Policy Analysis)
- Dallas Police Department (Dallas, TX)
- Dangerous Preparations Directive
- Data Processing Design
- Data Product Definition (Logistics Management Information)
- Data Project Description
- Data Project Directive
- Day Past Due
- Dayton Police Department (Ohio)
- Dead Peer Detection (Cisco)
- Dead Piro Day (MegaTokyo comic)
- Defense Programming Database
- Degree Programme Director (Newcastle University; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I worked in the data processing department in the main office block.
The solution from Aperta and Parascript not only met our needs regarding the collection of donations but it also reduced the workload in the data processing department.
These are the tangibles to be dealt with by a newly installed data processing department at B.
A panel of IS experts, headed up by Linda Sypert and Ray Chambers of Trumbull County's data processing department, was charged with finding the most cost-effective and reliable means of implementing the network.
``I've been through major earthquakes and whenever there is a disaster, the Red Cross is always the first one you see there helping people,'' Johnson said from Ralphs offices in Compton, where she works as an analyst in the data processing department.
Users establish independent batch totals of documents that are later reconciled against totals the data processing department generates.
Interviews with staff from the data processing department and the future users will be in the forefront.