lt;p>The Navy's Gigabit Ethernet Data Multiplex System (GEDMS) upgrades the current 100Mbps fiber-based backbone network to a 1Gbs redundant Ethernet mesh, bringing enhanced multimedia capability to the ships, the Navy said.
What does DMS stand for?
DMS stands for Data Multiplex System (US Navy AN/USQ-82(V))
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DMS
We have 548 other meanings of DMS in our Acronym Attic
- Dairy Management System
- Dan Metcalfe Soccer
- Dartmouth Medical School (Hanover, NH)
- Data Management Services
- Data Management Simulator
- Data Management Software
- Data Management Specialist
- Data Management Subsystem
- Data Management System
- Data Manipulation System
- Database Managed Space (computing)
- Dauphine Marketing Stratégie (French: Dauphine Marketing Strategy; Paris-Dauphine University; Paris, France)
- Deadline Monotonic Scheduling
- Dealer Management System
- Dealership Management System
- Death, Maturity, Surrender (life insurance policy dividend)
- Debt Management Services
- Déchets Ménagers Spéciaux (French: Household Hazardous Waste)
- Dedicated Managed Server (web hosting)
- Deer Mountain Summit
Samples in periodicals archive:
8 million contract for two Fiber Optic Data Multiplex Systems (FODMS).
The Expanded Service Shipboard Data Multiplex System (ES-SDMS) is central to the combat system of these technologically-advanced submarines.
Naval Sea Systems Command selected Sierra to qualify as a second source of supply for the Data Multiplex System which the command is procuring.
Navy contract to provide AN/USQ-82(V) Fiber Optic Data Multiplex Systems (FODMS) for installation on DDG-51 Arleigh Burke class destroyers.