Patient safety in the START trial was monitored frequently by an independent data monitoring committee and no new or unexpected safety concerns were noted for the study.
What does DMC stand for?
DMC stands for Data Monitoring Committee
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DMC
We have 450 other meanings of DMC in our Acronym Attic
- Danbury Music Centre (Danabury, CT)
- Daniels Manufacturing Corporation (Orlando, FL)
- Dans Mon Cul (gaming clan)
- Darling Marine Center (University of Maine)
- Darryl McDaniels (rapper)
- Data Management Center (University of Washington)
- Data Management Conformance (AISC)
- Data Management Controller
- Data Mining Cup (competition)
- Data Mode Control (US DoD)
- DataMirror Corporation
- Davis Motorsports Club (est. 2005)
- Dayanand Medical College & Hospital (India)
- Dayton Motorcycle Club
- dBpoweramp Music Converter (software)
- DeathMatch Classic (Half-Life modification)
- Debt Management Company
- Decision-Making Committee (various organizations)
- Deep Meaningful Conversation
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Independent Data Monitoring Committee (IDMC) has recommended continuing the enrollment in the study treatment and found no evidence of local or general toxicity, Nanobiotix said.
After a detailed analysis of clinical study data for the V710 vaccine, the independent data monitoring committee recommended that the trial should be stopped, the partners said.
An independent Data Monitoring Committee found that adding Sutent to a chemotherapy regimen as an initial treatment for colon cancer that has spread would be unable to show a statistically significant improvement in progression-free survival compared with the chemotherapy alone, Pfizer said.
com Data Monitoring Committee Recommends Closing Enrollment In Recurrent Glioblastoma STUDY - Other Enzastaurin Trials Unaffected - INDIANAPOLIS, DECEMBER 21, 2006 - After reviewing data gathered to date, as part of a planned interim analysis, an External Data Monitoring Committee (DMC) has recommended that the STEERING trial (Study Evaluating Enzastaurin in Recurrent Glioblastoma) be closed for enrollment.
Helsinn reported that despite some evidence of becatecarin activity, preliminary analysis of the Phase III data by an Independent Data Monitoring Committee indicated that the comparator agent 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) demonstrated a greater than expected survival benefit, making it statistically improbable that the final study results could achieve the planned objectives for the trial.
Previously (January 23, 2006) Nymox reported that the Independent Data Monitoring Committee for the trial of NX-1207 had given a positive recommendation based on evaluation of the efficacy and safety data at that point in time.
The authors also criticize the adversarial yet symbiotic relationships between IRBs and data monitoring committees, which sometimes are used to independently assess a study and protect test subjects, thereby putting them in the position of both acting as watchdog and working to keep a study on track.