Each DLC has an identifying number called a data link connection identifier (DLCI).
What does DLCI stand for?
DLCI stands for Data Link Connection Identifier
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DLCI
We have 4 other meanings of DLCI in our Acronym Attic
- Deeper Life Campus Fellowship
- Delay Length Call Factor (electronic communications)
- Dun Laoghaire College of Further Education (Ireland)
- Disproportionately Large Communicating Fourth Ventricle
- Dansk Lunge Cancer Gruppe (Danish: Danish Lung Cancer Group)
- Desporto Lazer e Cultura de Gouveia (Portuguese: Leisure Sport and Culture of Gouveia; Gouveia, Portugal)
- Diffusion-Limited Crystal Growth
- Disability Legislation Consultation Group (Ireland)
- Douglas Lake Custom Homes (Canada)
- Di-Electric Loaded Conical-Horn Antenna
- Data Link Control Identifier
- Data-Link Connection Indicator (computing)
- Développement Logiciel Courtage Informatique (French: Brokerage Computer Software Development; various locations)
- Digital Loop Carrier Identifier
- Diet Low Carb Journals
- Data Link Control Layer
- Diffuse Large Cell Lymphoma
- Division of Literatures, Cultures, and Languages (Stanford University; Stanford, CA)
- Daniel Laurent Christian Ministries
- Data Lifecycle Management (database partitioning)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Frame Relay filters can be configured on the Data Link Connection Identifier (DLCI) field of the Frame Relay header or any parameter with the Frame Relay frame.
This new ServicePoint Integration Pack delivers specific color-coded icons reflecting device and interface errors along with the ability to monitor individual Data Link Connection Identifier (DCLI) addresses," said Kevin Hart, marketing manager for ADC.
On Frame Relay links, the NetScout Probe automatically discovers Data Link Connection Identifiers (DLCIs) and Committed Information Rates (CIRs) and gives customers the flexibility to view the entire link or drill down to an individual DLCI.
9, the Frame Relay Forum standard for data compression, providing up to 4X compression in many applications, and with dedicated compression history tracked separately on up to 200 virtual circuits; -- Switched transmission, using Xylan's extensive virtual LAN capabilities, including the ability to support multiple virtual paths across a single Data Link Connection Identifier (DLCI); -- RFC 1490 encapsulation, including Q.
Approved by the Frame Relay Forum in March 1995, the Service Interworking Implementation Agreement defines how frame relay data link connection identifiers (DLCIs) to ATM virtual path/virtual channel identifiers (VPI/VCIs).
Key to its Virtual Circuit Backup solution is the OminLinx's ability to remap Frame Relay Data Link Connection Identifiers (DLCIs), the means of identifying individual virtual circuits.