The Object Management Group (OMG) created the Data Access Facility (DAF) specification (OMG, 2005) allowing easy and flexible access to data from UMSs.
What does DAF stand for?
DAF stands for Data Access Facility
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of DAF
We have 140 other meanings of DAF in our Acronym Attic
- Data Analysis and Evaluation Team
- Délégué Académique à l'Enseignement Technique (French: Academic Delegate to Technical Education)
- Denver Area Educational Telecommunications Consortium (Denver, CO)
- Diplôme d'Accès aux Études Universitaires (French: Degree of Access to University Studies; various universities)
- Danube Accident Emergency Warning System (Environmental Programme for the Danube River Basin)
- Defense Acquisition Executive
- Delaware Association for the Education of Young Children (Delaware)
- Downrange Abort Exclusion Zone (space exploration)
- Danish Air Force
- Dansk Atletik Forbund (Denmark)
Samples in periodicals archive:
0/Java Persistence API and JavaServer Faces specifications (JSF), and more than 100 other Java Specification Requirements (JSR) such as the XQuery API for Java, Standard Data Binding and Data Access Facility for J2EE and Design Time Metadata for JSF Components.
2007), A generic DAF server architecture for water distribution systems, 9th International Symposium Interdisciplinary Regional Research, May 2007, Novi Sad, Srbija Object Management Group (2005), Utility Management System (UMS) Data Access Facility Specification, v2.
C/S ELEMENTS features full GUI development capabilities, a message-based script language for rapid application development and a modular data access facility for transparent access to heterogeneous data sources.