The music of Pink Floyd, whose albums included Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall as well as Dark Side of the Moon isn't easy to play and TAPFS (as the band's name is usually shortened to) take pride in their ability to play it accurately.
What does DSOM stand for?
DSOM stands for Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd album; usually seen as DSOTM)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of DSOM
We have 4 other meanings of DSOM in our Acronym Attic
- Design Studio of the Future (virtual design studio; Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Cambridge, MA)
- Direction Stratégique et Opérations Financières (French: Strategic Direction and Financial Operations)
- Deep Submergence Operations Group (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution)
- Days Sales on Hand
- Deeper Shades of House (radio show)
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra Hall (Michigan)
- Dry Sense of Humor
- Diabetes Solutions of Oklahoma (Oklahoma City, OK)
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra League
- Dietary Supplements on Line (Database; US National Library of Medicine)
- Decision Support for Operations and Maintenance (software)
- Distributed System Object Model
- Distributed Systems Operations and Management (Workshop)
- Davis Schools Orchestral Music Association (California)
- Delaware State Osteopathic Medical Society
- Detailed Statement of Need (National Health Service, UK)
- Defence School of Photography (UK Ministry of Defence)
- Degenerate Statistically Optimum Plan
- Desktop Solutions of Pennsylvania, Inc. (Etters, PA)
- Directorate of Strategic Operational Planning (National Counterterrorism Center)
Samples in periodicals archive:
DANCE PREVIEW Dark Side of the Moon What: Eugene Ballet performs Toni Pimble's ballet to live music by the local Pink Floyd cover band the Floydian Slips; also on the program is "Light Rain," Gerald Arpino's 1981 work for the Joffrey Ballet, and Pimble's humorous "Channel Surfing" Where: Silva Concert Hall, Hult Center for the Performing Arts, Seventh Avenue and Willamette Street When: 7:30 p.
8 - The Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd - 4,116,000 copies sold.
Next, with sales of 49 million, is AC/DC and Back in Black, followed by Pink Floyd''s Dark Side of the Moon with 45 million.
Byline: Paul Cole ; Jack Daniels FLAMING LIPS Dark Side Of The Moon (Warner Bros) WAYNE Coyne has never been predictable and his decision to cover Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon is one of his bravest decisions.
1973: Rock band Pink Floyd released The Dark Side Of The Moon, which went on to become one of the biggest selling albums of all time.
The dark side of the moon is where a true, gut-reaching artist should be.
We have been looking forward to debuting a performance of Dark Side of the Moon but now, given last week's sad news, it will be extremely moving to perform not just this song, but also all the other tracks on the album where his influence is so large.