The early leader in the men's race was Bingley's Rob Jebb, but a fall which left him with a broken collar bone opened it up to eventual winner Lloyd Taggart of Dark Peak Fell Runners (37min 30sec).
What does DPFR stand for?
DPFR stands for Dark Peak Fell Runners (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DPFR
- Drug Policy Forum of Oklahoma
- Diaphragm and Pelvic Floor Piston (healthcare)
- Disabled Persons' Freedom Pass (UK)
- distortion product frequency profile
- Don't Play for Points (gaming)
- Double Precision Floating Point
- Dreissena Polymorpha Foot Protein 1
- Dallas Police & Fire Pension System
- Dallas Public Fraud Prevention Services
- Distributed Processing Feed Queue (software)
- Department of Professional and Financial Regulation (Maine and Illinois)
- Design Platform Rotterdam (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Distributor Productivity Financial Report (International Foodservice Distributors Association)
- Dynamic Pressure-Flow Relationship
- Data Processing and Forecasting System
- Developmental Pathway Funding Scheme (London, England, UK)
- Diesel Particulate Filter System (Citroen)
- Disabled Persons and Family Support (Nebraska)
- Distributed Parallel File System (computing)
- Doctors Pension Funds Services (Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The race was dominated by Dark Peak Fell Runners, Ed Tresidder taking more than five minutes off the record.
The Dark Peak Fell Runners athlete came home in 38min 02sec and was also the first over-40 finisher.
The open race was won by Dark Peak Fell Runners in 3h 51m 36s, with Mercia, who included Welshpool's Tim Davies in the line-up, second.
Milton Keynes-based Alex Bowden held off competition from 570 others to win last year's event in 34min 2sec, some 21 seconds ahead of Nathanial Williams, of North Yorks Moors AC, while Kev Lilley, of Dark Peak Fell Runners, was third in the Fitness First-sponsored event.
The athlete, who is not a member of any club, finished 21 seconds ahead of Nathanial Williams, of North Yorks Moors AC, while Kev Lilley, of Dark Peak Fell Runners, was third, in the Fitness First-sponsored event.
Teams: 1 Dark Peak Fell Runners 21pts, 2 Holmfirth HAC 25pts.
Despite appalling weather conditions, a strong Holmfirth Harriers team saw off a strong local challenge from Dark Peak Fell Runners to take the first team prize at the Holme Moss Fell Race, sponsored by Brooklands Nurseries.