The Danish Bacon and Meat Council hit back at Oliver, claiming that in several areas the Danish pig industry has higher welfare standards than the UK.
What does DBMC stand for?
DBMC stands for Danish Bacon and Meat Council (Danske Slagterier; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DBMC
We have 8 other meanings of DBMC in our Acronym Attic
- Dog Brothers Martial Arts
- Don Bosco Maritime Academy (Kurla, Mumbai)
- Doppler-Based Multiple Access (satellite communications)
- Downtown Bronx Medical Associates (New York)
- Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association (California)
- Dementia Behaviour Management Advisory Service (Australia)
- Deaf Blind Multihandicapped Association of Texas
- Decalcified Bone Marrow Trephine Core Biopsy
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (various locations)
- Deutscher Braumeister und Malzmeister-Bund (German: German Brewer and Malting Association)
- Desert Brotherhood Motorcycle Club (Las Vegas, NV)
- Destination Bulk Mail Center (US Postal Service)
- Dewey Beach Music Conference (Dewey Beach, DE; annual event)
- Discovery Bay Marina Club (Hong Kong Resort Company Limited)
- Dominica Banana Marketing Corporation
- Donor Bone Marrow Cell
- Doubs Bikers Moto Club (French motorcycle club)
- Durability of Building Materials and Components (conference)
- Dr. Bhatia Medical Coaching Institute (Delhi, India)
- Database Manager Command Line Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Danish Bacon and Meat Council has launched a new website - www.
A Danish Bacon and Meat Council spokesman said: "It will put people off rather than draw them in to eating pork.
The Danish Bacon and Meat Council said only two herds had yet tested positive for the disease.
John Howard, marketing director at the Danish Bacon and Meat Council, says while 40% of bacon rashers are sold for under 5 [pounds sterling]/kg, the remaining 60% sell for between 5 [pounds sterling]/kg and 12 [pounds sterling]/kg.
Speaking after the British Pig Executive launched a controversial ad campaign questioning farm welfare standards abroad (The Grocer, November 20, p62), Danish Bacon and Meat Council marketing director John Howard said: "We don't believe that the detail of welfare should be debated in a public forum.
However, Danish Bacon and Meat Council MD John Howard defends confinement of sows during the early stages of pregnancy.
Four years ago, the Danish Bacon and Meat Council complained to the ASA about a campaign by the UK pig sector.