There was Dan Air, Air Europe, Paramount, Celtic Air, then another local InterEuropean Airways and so on.
What does DN stand for?
DN stands for Dan Air
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DN
We have 27 other meanings of DN in our Acronym Attic
- Detection of Motion Zone (CCTV)
- Digital Media Zone
- Duncan-Mortensen-Zakai Equation
- Zone Démilitarisée (French: Demilitarized Zone)
- Dagoth Moor Zoological Gardens (gaming utility software)
- Delhi Mizo Zirlai Pawl (Mizo students organisation in Delhi, India)
- Drustvo Mladih Zreskega Pohorja (Slovenian youth club)
- Dagens Næringsliv (Norwegian financial newspaper)
- Dagens Nyheter (Swedish newspaper)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Air stewardesses had an aura of glamour and airlines such as Dan Air used this to recruit cabin crew members.
As larger war service ex-RAF Douglas Dakota transports emerged on to the civil market, so small airlines grew, including British European Airways, Dan Air, Silver City airways, and one that was to have a major influence on Yeadon.
CAPTION(S): CREATION CERN in Switzerland PAPAL POWER Ewan McGregor plays the Camerlengo DAN AIR Brown's craft
Now retired, Hall flew a variety of planes for nearly 50 years, serving 20 years in the RAF, piloting for Dan Air, and spending the last 20 years flying private jets.
Four passengers on a Dan Air Boeing 737 spotted a "wingless projectile" flying under their plane.
On June 17, four passengers on board a Dan Air Boeing 737 saw a "wingless projectile" pass beneath the aircraft as it climbed from Gatwick Airport.
Flights from London then were full price from Heathrow or cheaper charter with Dan Air from Gatwick.