| Internally, check the ground floor walls of your property for any signs of damp, fungal growth or a musty smell, which could be due to rising damp, blocked external gulley or a bridged damp proof course, externally.
What does DPC stand for?
DPC stands for Damp Proof Course
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DPC
We have 463 other meanings of DPC in our Acronym Attic
- Development Projects Business Unit (India)
- Dental Practice Board of Victoria (Victoria, Australia)
- Drip-Proof Blower-Ventilated
- Digital Private Branch Exchange
- Chief Data Processing Technician (Naval Rating)
- Dabhol Power Company (India)
- Dacotah Paper Co. (Fargo, ND)
- Damage per Casttime (online gaming)
- Damage Prevention Council
- Damage Protection Concept (Cantonment, FL)
- Dansk Polarcenter (Danish: Danish Polar Center)
- Data Packet Controller
- Data Processing Center/Central
- Data Processing Computer
- Data Processing Conseil (French logistics company)
- Data Processing Corporation (San Diego, CA)
- Data Product Code
- Data Protection Commissioner (various locations)
- Database Promotion Center (Japan)
- DaVita Patient Citizens
Samples in periodicals archive:
Look out for the damp proof course at the bottom of the outside walls.
Contract award: Damp Proof Course and Wood Preservation, Surveys and Works 2012-16 The Symphony Housing Group a Registered Provider of Low cost housing in Noth West, England are seeking expressions of interest from qualified and experienced providers who can provide a high quality service in Damp proofing and wood preservation.
The Holland Damp Proof system' can be installed in an average house within one or two days at a price that is often lower than a chemical damp proof course.
A The base will need a damp proof course to protect it from rising damp so there is no need to seal it.
Refining the local technique of using very wet loam to build walls, the school has a brick foundation, a damp proof course, and walls made of a mixture of loam and straw, the latter acting as a form of reinforcement.
Mr Woodward said: "I had a damp proof course done on a property some years ago, and the fumes from the treatment penetrated into the house, causing me to have to vacate the building until the fumes subsided.
If the damp proof course has failed you'll need a new one installed.