This is the company that GM helped to create after the original Daewoo Motor company crashed so badly in 2001, leaving debts, a bad name and poor labor relations.
What does DWMC stand for?
DWMC stands for Daewoo Motor Company (South Korea)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DWMC
We have 2 other meanings of DWMC in our Acronym Attic
- Divorced White Male
- Doctor Who Magazine (based on the sci-fi series)
- Dragon Warrior Monsters (video game)
- Drilling Waste Management (various locations)
- Dynamic Workflow Management
- Division of Waste Management Underground Storage Tank
- Death Weapon Meister Academy (Japanese comics)
- Desert Wildlife Management Area
- District Water Management Agency (India)
- Donald W. Mcintosh Associates, Inc (Winter Park, FL)
- David W. Mortensen Consulting
- Department-Wide Mission Critical (Canada)
- Dude, Where's My Car? (movie)
- Double-Wide Modular Causeway Ferry (US DoD)
- Defense Waste Management Division
- Digital World Middle East
- Division of Waste Management and Environmental Protection (US Nuclear Regulatory Commission)
- Deep White Matter High Signal
- Deep White Matter Hyperintensities (neurology)
- Double Wide Mobile Home
Samples in periodicals archive:
GM Daewoo Auto and Technology Company has issued a recall of as many as 160,000 liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)-powered Rezzo minivans manufactured by the company's predecessor Daewoo Motor Company.
A senior Tata Motors official told PTI that the MoU would be signed to conduct "a due-diligence study" as part of the acquisition of DWCV, the truck-making arm of the beleaguered Daewoo Motor Company.
The order confirming the Plan was entered after more than a year of negotiations with creditors, dealers and other parties in interest and after a comprehensive, two (2) day confirmation hearing in which the Plan was confirmed over the objection of DMA's parent company, Daewoo Motor Company, Ltd.
Larry Zahner, GM's Asia Pacific (GMAP) vice president of manufacturing, Daewoo Motor Company in Seoul, Korea, is repatriating and appointed to the position of manufacturing manager with GM's Vehicle Manufacturing organization.
GENERAL Motors and Fiat said today they were in talks to buy the assets of ailing Daewoo Motor Company, South Korea's second-largest carmaker.
About 700 Daewoo Motor Company workers clashed with police yesterday during a rally to protest at a creditors' plan to sell off the ailing South Korean car maker, possibly abroad.
SEOUL, South Korea -- General Motors Corporation , Daewoo Motor Company, and the Korea Development Bank, acting on behalf of the Daewoo Motor Creditors Committee, today announced the transfer of certain assets of Daewoo Motor Company to a new automotive company called GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co.