If the stenosis is more than 8mm away from the punctum then a dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) is performed following excision of the stenosis and intubation.
What does DCR stand for?
DCR stands for Dacryocystorhinostomy (medical procedure)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DCR
We have 242 other meanings of DCR in our Acronym Attic
- Dobermann Club of Queensland (Queensland, Australia)
- Dublin Core Qualifiers
- Walt Disney Co. (stock symbol)
- Distributed Continuous Quality Assurance
- Data Collection Quality Assurance Plan
- Da Cheng Qi Decoction (herbal medicine)
- Dixon Citizens for Quality Growth (Dixon, CA)
- Data Collection Quality Management System
- Diseases Conditions Questions and Answers (medical website)
- Dielectric-Cap Quantum Well Disordering (physics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These options range from nasolacrimal duct probing and cauterization of the external ostium to surgical excision of the fistula, either alone or in combination with dacryocystorhinostomy.
Evan Black conducted a Laser Assisted Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) Surgery using the MULTIDIODE S15 OFT System, a laser specially developed for lacrimal surgery.
Among the new topics are new techniques for BAHA surgery, functional endoscopic sinus surgery, endonasal endoscopic management of tumors at the base of the skull, various types of transnasal endoscopic surgery, transnasal dacryocystorhinostomy, and Botox injections in the management of Frey's syndrome.
4) When symptoms are uncommon or in cases of dacryocystorhinostomy failure, radiologic examinations should be routinely performed.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] A left endonasal dacryocystorhinostomy was performed.
The latter technique is associated with increased morbidity, and most external approaches require a concomitant dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR).
Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) is the surgical method of bypassing the distal lacrimal drainage system.