Users gain access to DISN provided services via gateways at the ground stations.
What does DSSG stand for?
DSSG stands for DISN (Defense Information Systems Network) Support Services-Global
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DSSG
We have 4 other meanings of DSSG in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping (telephone technology)
- Dominic Savio Scholarship Foundation, Inc. (est. 1998; Don Bosco Technical College, Mandaluyong, Philippines)
- Defense Science Study Group
- Defense Strategic Studies Group
- Defense Systems Study Group (US DoD; Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency)
- Depth/Sound/Speed Group
- Design Synthesis and Shape Generation (UK)
- Desktop Support Services Group
- Digital Soldier Simulation Group (online gaming community)
- Disabled Students Stakeholder Group (Scotland, UK)
- Distant Sentinel Skin Graft
- Distributed Storage Services Group (Indiana University)
- Douglas Shire Sustainability Group (Australia)
- Department of Social Services and Housing (Hawaii)
- Digital Sun Sensor Head (US NASA)
- Dutch Society for Simulation in Healthcare (Netherlands)
- Dynamic Shapeshifting Helix (bridge design)
- Disabled Student Services in Higher Education
- Decision Support System for Health Management
- Double-Shell Slurry Holding Tank
Samples in periodicals archive:
He led the strategic growth of a key terrestrial program, the DISN Access Transport Services (DATS) contract, and managed the subsequent acquisition of Core180's terrestrial infrastructure, which was part of the DATS business.
The voice engineering lab's continuing efforts ensure the ability of the DISN and DoD service infrastructures to supply prioritized and protected voice, video and data transmissions, including proposed Navy and joint communications architectures.
DISA, through the DISN, has responsibility for the information networks that support the nation's armed forces, any time, anywhere, and under any conditions.
The SIE includes gateways to the DISN to provide SOF the ability to communicate directly with their conventional force counterparts.
In April 2011, CenturyLink completed its merger with Qwest Communications and became a major provider of communications services to the military through other DISA/DITCO contract programs, including Internet Protocol Services and the DISN (Defense Information Systems Network) Access Transport Services.
DISN Core Extension This ETA will bring wide area network (WAN) connectivity from the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) to five major DON nodes in the Atlantic and Pacific areas of responsibility.
government agencies, has announced that it has sold its DISN Access Transport Service (DATS) business, including its DATS-related operating assets, to Harris Corporation and reorganized into Core180, LLC.