A version of the D4 dopamine receptor gene, or D4DR, cited as a key factor in producing novelty-seeking behavior (SN: 1/6/96, p.
What does D4R stand for?
D4R stands for D4 Dopamine Receptor
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of D4R
- Desacetoxyvindoline 4-Hydroxylase
- Design for Joomla
- Dialogue for Kids (Idaho Public Television)
- Design for Learning (UK program)
- Down for Life (band)
- Drama for Learning and Creativity (UK)
- Developing for Learning Design (Joint Information Systems Committee; UK)
- Design for Mobile
- Democracy for Metro Detroit
- Design For People (design methodology)
- Design for Sustainability
- Dressed Four Sides (lumber; same as S4S)
- Didehydrodeoxythymidine (antiviral drug)
- Stavudine (aka Zerit; HIV treatment drug)
- Dreams for the Dying (Australian rock group)
- Downloader for X (software)
- 5% Dextrose Solution
- Diesel Engine, 5 Cylinders (Volvo)
- Trident II Missile
Samples in periodicals archive:
One version of the so-called D4 dopamine receptor gene, or D4DR, appears frequently in people who report high levels of "novelty seeking," according to two independent studies reported in the January Nature Genetics.