The most important effectors of the cell-mediated immune response, cytotoxic T lymphocytes, are the main immune cells that recognize foreign antigens on the surface of infected "self" cells.
What does CTLC stand for?
CTLC stands for Cytotoxic T Lymphocytes
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CTLC
We have 6 other meanings of CTLC in our Acronym Attic
- Complete the Loop Coalition (Washington)
- Computer Training and Learning Center (various organizations)
- Computer Tutorial Language Center (Montgomery College; Maryland)
- Concerned Taxpayers of Lincoln County (North Carolina)
- Consolidated Terminals and Logistics Company (various locations)
- Consolidated-Tomoka Land Company (Daytona Beach, FL)
- Control Tension Load Cell
- Cornell Teaching and Learning Consortium (Cornell University; New York)
- Cross Timbers Landowners Conservancy (Texas)
- Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Centre (Australia)
- Connecticut League of Conservation Voters (environmental lobbying group)
- C-Type Lectin-Like Domain (immunology)
- Center for Trade Law and Development (UK)
- Churches Together in Lincoln and District
- Community Team for Learning Disabilities (UK)
- Country Top-Level Domain
- Criminal Trial Listing Directorate (Australia)
- Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (various locations)
- Central Tablelands Livestock Exchange (Australia)
- Continuous-Time Linear Equalizer (signal processing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These approaches include biologic therapy using interleukin (IL)-2, IL-12, interferon-alpha, monoclonal antibodies directed against B cell targets, cytotoxic T lymphocytes directed against viral targets, immune-based therapy, stem cell reconstitution, angiogenesis inhibitors, therapeutic vaccines, and traditional cytotoxic chemotherapy regimens (often in combination with a biologic or immunologic approach).
ALVAC-HIV induces the proliferation of cytotoxic T lymphocytes and contains genes coding for glycoprotein 120 and other HIV components in a canarypox vector.
Non-personalized HIV immunotherapies are unable to raise cytotoxic T lymphocytes against HIV antigens, fail to induce T cell memory, and, most importantly, do not provide antiviral protection against the patient's own particular virus," said Jean-Pierre Routy, M.
Heterosubtypic immunity to influenza A virus infection requires B cells but not CDS+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes.
Virologists have long known that cells called cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) battle viruses by latching onto an infected cell and delivering the kiss of death-an outburst of compounds that destroys both the cell and its infectious cargo.
CytoDyn's CRO, will present Phase I/II data demonstrating the antiviral effects and absence of liver toxicity in individuals who have failed Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy (HAART) after Cytolin(R) was used to protect CD4+ T lymphocytes from the anti-self, anti-CD4 cytotoxic T lymphocytes that proliferate uniquely in humans infected with HIV.
Primary induction of human CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes and interferon-gamma-producing T cells after smallpox vaccination.