Giving a breakdown, Dr Awatif said the earliest Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) technique, which is employed in cases where a man's sperm count is low or of poor quality, had seen a success rate of 73 per cent, as against invitro fertilisation, which recorded a pregnancy rate of 46 per cent.
What does CSI stand for?
CSI stands for Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CSI
We have 1007 other meanings of CSI in our Acronym Attic
- Customer Support Identification
- Customer Support Identifier (Oracle)
- Customer Support International (various locations)
- Cyber Safety Initiative (various locations)
- Cyber Science Infrastructure (Japan)
- Cyber Security Integrators
- Cyber Semiotic Institute
- CyberScope Investigations LTD
- Cyclic Steam Injection (oil drilling)
- Cyclooxygenase-2-Specific Inhibitor (drug)
- Czech Standards Institute (Czech Republic)
- Combat Studies Institute for the Contemporary Operations Studies Team
- Community Screening Instrument for Dementia
- Context-Sensing and Inference for Ubiquitous Interaction (workshop)
- Crime Scene Investigation: Miami (TV show)
- Crime Scene Investigation: New York (TV show)
- California Ski Industry Association
- Canadian Ski Instructor Alliance
- Centre for Studies in Aging (Canada)
- Centro Scolastico Industrie Artistiche (Italian: Industrial Arts Education Center)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The most common techniques are in-vitro fertility (IVF) and a technique called intra cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
Since the 1980s there have been many changes to better inform the public about infertility treatments and techniques such as Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection, where one egg has an individual sperm injected directly.
A: Dr Allan Pacey, a senior lecturer in andrology at Sheffield University, and chairman of the British Fertility Society, says: Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a remarkable technique that allows men with very poor sperm quality to become biological fathers.
Across Birmingham's four PCTs, couples can have to wait up to two years for one NHS-funded cycle of IVF or Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection.
ICSI, which stands for Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection, involves taking eggs from the woman, then injecting the egg with healthy sperm from the partner.
ICSI - Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection - is a laboratory technique which involves injecting a single sperm into an egg to fertilise it so it can be implanted.
Fertility services offered at the Winter Park CoE are expansive and include: In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD), Intro Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), and embryo and egg freezing.