The team used expression of cytochrome P450 1A (CYP1A) as a measure of exposure to the contaminants of interest.
What does CYP1A stand for?
CYP1A stands for Cytochrome P450 1A
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Commonwealth Youth Programme
- Community Youth Program (various locations)
- Company of Young Professionals (Canada)
- Comptoir Yvelines Peintures (French paint company)
- Cyclophilin (periplasmic protein)
- Cypress Technology, Inc.
- Cyprus Airways (ICAO code)
- Cyprus Pound (Currency Unit)
- Cytochrome P450 (biochemistry)
- Cytochrome P450 Family 2 (hemoprotein)
- Cytochrome P450 2B
- Cytochrome P450 Family 4 (hemoprotein)
- Child and Youth Program Assistant (various armed forces)
- Children and Young Person's Act (Australia)
- Community Youth Provisions Association (UK)
- Cyclophilin A
- Commonwealth Youth Programme Africa Centre (Zambia)
- Community Youth Performing Arts Center (Santa Barbara, CA)
- California Youth Policy Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
The levels of these chemicals in the sediments of both sites were consistent with levels of cytochrome P450 1A (CYP1A) expression in the gills of English sole from the same sites.
In this case, cytochrome P450 1A may be mainly responsible for the activation.