Nonaspirin NSAIDs, cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitors, and the risk for stroke.
What does COX-2 stand for?
COX-2 stands for Cyclooxygenase 2
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Completing Our Work Successfully
- Computers on Wheels
- Canada-Ontario Water Supply Expansion Program
- City of Heroes/Villains (gaming)
- Colfax (Amtrak station code; Colfax, CA)
- Communication and Orientation Expert (traffic management; Germany)
- Cyclo-Oxygenase Enzyme (pharmacology)
- cytochrome c oxidase
- Cytochrome Oxidase Subunit 1
- Cytochrome Oxidase Subunit 2
- Cute Overload X-Treme Close Up
- Cytochrome C Oxidase Subunit I
- Cytochrome c Oxidase subunit II (oligomeric enzymatic complex)
- Career Opportunities for Youth
- Coach of the Year (sports)
- Commission on Youth (various locations)
- Counselor of the Year (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Each of the extracts was tested for its ability to inhibit the key pro-inflammatory enzymes - cyclooxygenase 1 [COX1], cyclooxygenase 2 [COX2], and 5-lipooxygenase [5-LOX] - that are known contributors to impaired joint health, pain, and arthritis.
There was a gradual increase in CD44 and cyclooxygenase 2 expression with increasing RCC nuclear grade.