Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors, p21, and p27 play pivotal roles in mammalian cell cycle regulation (Das et al.
What does CDKN stand for?
CDKN stands for Cyclin-Dependent Kinase Inhibitor
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CDKN
- Cyclin-Dependent Kinase D1 (genetics)
- Carolinas District Kiwanis Foundation (Columbia, SC)
- Central Difference Kalman Filter
- Cyclin-Dependent Kinase Inhibitor
- Cyclin-Dependent Kinase Inhibitor Proteins
- Cyclin-Dependent Kinase Like
- Cyclin-dependent Kinase-like 3
- Cyclin-Dependent Kinase-Like 5 (gene)
- Community-Driven Knowledge Management
- Climate & Development Knowledge Network (initiative; Department for International Development; UK)
- Cyclic AMP (Adenosine Monophosphate)-Dependent Kinase Number 2
- Centrum Doskonalenia Kadr Oswiatowych (Polish: Personnel Center of Excellence; Poland)
- Cambridge Disabled Kids Swimming Club (UK)
- C. D. Leet (early ammunition headstamp)
- Cabin Discrepancy Log
- California Digital Library
- California Drivers License
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Canal Defense Light (British WWII weapon)
- Candlestick chart (bar-chart often used in Forex trading)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 2 genes affected by the deletion are the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor genes Cdkn2a2 (cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A) and Cdkn2b (cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2B), which showed decreased expression in vascular tissue as well as in other tissues.
EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN: HCC cells were treated with vitamin K2 and the expression of several growth-related genes including cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors and cyclin D1 was examined at the mRNA and protein levels.
The growth inhibitory effect of ALA is not due to induction of apoptosis but instead is associated with an increase in the half-life of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, p27(kip1).
Reversal of Collapsing Glomerulopathy in Mice with the Cyclin-Dependent Kinase Inhibitor CYC202.
kip1]: a multifunctional cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor with prognostic significance in human cancers.
Cirstea, Diana et al, "Pleiotropic Activity of the Novel Cyclin-Dependent Kinase Inhibitor RGB 286638 Predicts Therapeutic Potential in Multiple Myeloma.
Highlights include: -- Structure-Based Development of Cyclin-Dependent Kinase Inhibitors, OXFORD UNIVERSITY -- Structural & Enzymatic Studies of Interactions with Abl Kinase and Resistance Mutants, NOVARTIS PHARMA -- IRAK-4 -- A Novel Member of the IRAK Family with the Properties of an IRAK-Kinase, TULARIK Presentations on behalf of the industry include Novartis Pharma, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Eli Lilly & Co.