pagewanted=all) escalating conflict with North Korea has brought cyber warfare to the front lines.
What does CW stand for?
CW stands for Cyber Warfare
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CW
We have 56 other meanings of CW in our Acronym Attic
- Crimean War
- Crimson Wave
- Cross Wind
- Crumbling Walls (quorum protocol)
- Current Weight
- Cushman & Wakefield LLC
- CustomWare (methodology for custom services and training on rapidly evolving technologies; The New CustomWare Company)
- Cyber War
- Cyberworlds (International Conference)
- Cyst Wall
- Wave-Making Resistance Coefficient (Naval architecture)
- Continuous-Wave Carrier Phase Estimation
- Continuous-Wave Cremer-Rao Bound
- Child Welfare - Foster Care
- Coaxial Waveguide-Based Left-Handed Transmission Line (microwave systems)
- Chemical Warfare/Biological Warfare
- Chemical Weapons/Chemical and Biological Defense
- Combined Work/Quality Assurance Project Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
With the threat of state sponsored cyber warfare tactics and industrial espionage increasing, businesses and companies need to stay in front of the threats instead of falling behind.
com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: The Global Cyber Warfare Market 2011-2021 http://www.
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS Dublin-based Research and Markets has announced the addition of iCD Research's new report "The Global Cyber Warfare Market 2011-2021 - Industry Trends, Recent Developments and Challenges: Market Profile" to their offering.
Cartwright also said that while the United States possesses cyber warfare capabilities they would probably be employed only as a "supporting arm" in the event of a conventional conflict.
In a paper published in The Journal of Strategic Studies, Dr Thomas Rid, from the Department of War Studies, argued that cyber warfare has never taken place, nor is it currently doing so and it is unlikely to take place in the future.
However, just as airpower soon emerged as a revolution in military affairs during the early twentieth century, so may cyber warfare become the next revolution for the new millennium.
The newspaper said the Pentagon plans to unveil its first-ever strategy regarding cyber warfare next month, in part as a warning to foes that may try to sabotage the country's electricity grid, subways or pipelines.