Prior to Danka, he held positions in Kodak's Customer Equipment Services Division, from parts planning specialist to district service manager.
What does CES stand for?
CES stands for Customer Equipment Service
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CES
We have 562 other meanings of CES in our Acronym Attic
- Cranial Electrical Stimulation
- Credit Enhancement Securities
- Crestline Elementary School (Mountain Brook, Alabama)
- Crew Escape System (NASA)
- Cryogenic Engine Subassembly
- Cultural Events Series (Frostburg State Unversity; Frostburg, MD)
- Cummins Emissions Solutions
- Cumulative Enlisted Service
- Current Employment Statistics
- Current Environmental Solution
- Customer Expectation Survey
- Customs Exam Site (US Customs and Border Protection)
- Customs Exam Station (US Customs and Border Protection)
- Carboxylesterase 1
- Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression (Scale)
- Circuit Emulation Service-Interworking Function (Cisco)
- Coalition of Essential Schools - New Jersey
- California Electric Sign Association
- California Emergency Services Association
- California Endangered Species Act
Samples in periodicals archive:
Martin, 44, joined Kodak in 1982 in the Customer Equipment Services Division, spending the first 13 years of her career in various management positions.
Along with two other companies in the Intelenet group, MFS Intelenet was the first to offer bundled, facilities-based local, long distance and customer equipment services to small and medium-sized businesses.
She is currently manager, New Service Business Operations and Apple Program Director in the company's Customer Equipment Services Division (CESD).
will provide software, Integrated Systems Solutions Corporation (ISSC) will manage the help desk services, and Kodak's Customer Equipment Services (CES) will handle hardware and software installation, maintenance, and local area network services.
He later held management positions in the company's Customer Equipment Services Division and Marketing Division.
Redon, Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company and President, Customer Equipment Services Division, -- Carl E.
Kodak also has agreed to continue to provide customer equipment service support to Johnson & Johnson customers in order to maintain the current level of service excellence.