Through a new, optional component that allows operators to query AMI-enabled meters for outages and receive responses from the meters indicating whether they have power, utilities can detect and verify outages without customer intervention, leading to reduced restoration time, improved customer service, financial savings and a reduction in customer average interruption duration index (CAIDI) and system average interruption duration index (SAIDI).
What does CAIDI stand for?
CAIDI stands for Customer Average Interruption Duration Index
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of CAIDI in our Acronym Attic
- Clear Accountability In Design
- Community Acquired Infections Division (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- Computer-Aided Industrial Design
- Conservatives Against Intelligent Design (anti-creationism)
- Convention of American Instructors of the Deaf
- City of Albany Industrial Development Agency (Albany, NY)
- Cooperative Association for Internet Data Analysis
- Canadian Association of International Development Consultants (est. 1993)
- Computer-Aided Industrial Design and Conceptual Design (conference)
- Central Arizona Irrigation and Drainage District (Eloy, AZ)
- Citizens Against Irrational Deer Slaughter
- Canadian Association of Importers and Exporters
- Centre for Aboriginal Independence and Enterprise (Australia)
- Committee on Archival Information Exchange (Society of American Archivists)
- Center for American Indian Economic Development (Northern Arizona University)
- Certificat d'Aptitude aux Fonctions d'Inspecteur de l'Enseignement Élémentaire (French: Certificate of Proficiency as an Elementary School Inspector; Senegal)
- Cahiers de l'Association Internationale des Études Françaises (French: Papers of the International Association of French Studies; academic journal)
- China Association of International Exchange of Personnel
- Centre for Advanced India-EU (European Union) Studies
- Chinese American Institute of Engineers and Scientists (est. 1943; San Francisco, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The system's customer average interruption duration index has averaged 51.