Albacore: Matt Sheehan, 32 pounds, 7 ounces; black sea bass, David Medeiros, 7-2; bluefish, Joseph Diodati, 14-11; bonito, Ryan King, 11-6; cusk, Steve Borgati, 20-10; false albacore, Gardiner Bridge, 14-2; fluke, Damon Bullock, 11-12; haddock, Mike Romano, 13-11; mako shark, Upton's Robert Sylvester, 411-0; pollock, Michael Wall, 22-8; porbeagle shark, Bill Murphy, 447-0; scup, Henry Logan, 3-13; Spanish mackerel, Robert Neri, 6-11; striped bass, Jacques Boisvert, 53-10; tautog, Megan Winton, 11-13; thresher shark, Robert Eldredge, 446-0; winter flounder, Brian Barda, 5-0.
What does USK stand for?
USK stands for Cusk
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of USK
We have 12 other meanings of USK in our Acronym Attic
- United States Joint Message Text Format
- United States Junior Nationals (basketball competition)
- University of San Jose Recoletos
- Upper San Joaquin River (California)
- University Student Judicial System (various locations)
- United States Journal Training, Inc.
- Universidade Sao Judas Tadeu (Brazil, Portugese)
- United States Joint Task Force
- United States-Japan Technology Management Center (est. 1992; Stanford University; California)
- United States Joint Unconventional Warfare Task Force
- Undugu Society of Kenya
- Universal Studio Korea
- Unofficial Soup Kitchen (website)
- Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle (German: Entertainment Software Self-Regulation Board)
- Unterstüzungskommando (German: Supporting Unit; Bavarian Riot Police)
- Urban Surf Kings (band)
- Usinsk (Russia)
- Union Schweizerischer Kurzwellen-Amateure (Switzerland)
- United States Karate Alliance (Albuquerque, NM)
- United States Karate Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
00 Hardcover PR6053 In one of her previous memoirs, A Life's Work, Rachel Cusk laid bare the conflicting feelings of new motherhood.
In her novel Cusk shows us a striking vignette of a woman's initial seduction and then increasingly unhappy relation to the 'happy objects' towards which she has oriented herself and her desires.
This is particularly evident in the writings of new mothers who document the shock of finding themselves relegated to the margins and feeling they have "returned to some primitive, shameful condition," as Rachel Cusk comments in A Life's Work: On Becoming a Mother.
Rachel Cusk, Allison Pearson, Judith Warner, Linda Hirshman, Leslie Bennetts have all brought their own particular insight to the muddle that is modern motherhood.
ISBN 978-0-374-10080-3 ONE CAN READ many reviews praising the British writer Rachel Cusk for her similarity to such literary greats as Anton Chekov and Virginia Woolf.
The other contenders for the prize were Rachel Cusk for Arlington Park, Xiaolu Guo for A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary For Lovers, Anne Tyler for Digging To America, Jane Harris for The Observations and Man Booker winner Kiran Desai for The Inheritance of Loss.
This year's shortlist is made up of six writers, including: Rachel Cusk for Arlington Park; Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie for Half of a Yellow Sun; and Xiaolu Guo for A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers.