uk says: "Although rates are poor at the moment, it's worth remembering that by using your allowance you ring-fence your money from the taxman - and not just for the current tax year but for future years too.
What does CTY stand for?
CTY stands for Current Tax Year (finance)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CTY
We have 5 other meanings of CTY in our Acronym Attic
- Condition of Text-Block
- Central Texas Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- Catch Them Young (information technology program; Infosys Technologies Limited; Bangalore, India)
- Center for Talented Youth
- Centre de Transmission du Yoga (French: Yoga Transmission Center; Canada)
- Centre Thermal Yverdon-les-Bains (French: Yverdon-les-Bains Spa; Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland)
- Compagnie des Transports du Yonnais (French transport company)
- Couldn't Tell You
- Contact Trust Youth Association (Germany)
- Chandigarh Territorial Youth Congress (India)
- Colder than You Crew
- Committee on Two-Year Colleges (Mathematical Association of America)
- Con Trios Yacht Club (Clifton Terrace, IL; est. 1966)
- Cross Town Youth Chorus (Ottawa, ON, Canada)
- Central Texas Youth Football Association (Austin, TX)
- Camberley Town Youth Football Club (UK)
- Cao-Tureii-Yao Frequency Estimator
- Centre for Talented Youth Ireland
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the current tax year pension contributions are of particular relevance to additional rate taxpayers earning over PS150,000 per year.
Older people are more likely to save into an Isa, with 54% of people in the 55-64 age group using some or all of their Isa allowance in the current tax year.
There is a catch for entrepreneurs who have already claimed for relief on gains of over pounds 1 million in the current tax year.
It was then agreed that the only back tax that would be requested was that for the first part of the current tax year, ie, the six months since April 2008.
In the current tax year until April 5, they can put up to pounds 3,000 in a Mini Cash ISA, or pounds 4,000 in a Mini Shares ISA, or alternatively pounds 7,000 in a Maxi Shares ISA.
com NATIONWIDE BS fears savers could pay an extra pounds 230m in tax in the current tax year to April 5 because they have failed to use their annual ISA allowance allowing fax free savings in cash and equities.
This form is used when you anticipate a loss in your current tax year and expect to carry back that loss to a preceding year.