Scientists, he said, " are acting as traders of our natural resources" SOME FACTS What is seed bank Seeds of all natural as well as cultivated varieties, along with their wild and weedy relatives are preserved at low temperature.
What does CVS stand for?
CVS stands for Cultivated Varieties (botany)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CVS
We have 270 other meanings of CVS in our Acronym Attic
- Contractor Verification System (US DoD)
- Controlled Vocabulary System
- Convenience Store (financial reporting)
- Coordinated Voltage Scaling (computing)
- Cornet Vincent Segurel (French law firm)
- Coronavirus 229e Susceptibility
- Councils for Voluntary Services
- Coves (street suffix)
- Credential Verification Service (various organizations)
- Crime Victim Survey (various organizations)
- Customer Value Store
- Customers Value System
- Cycle Verification System (Sprint)
- Cyclic Voltammetric Stripping (electrochemical analysis)
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
- Czech Vexillological Society
- Seaplane Carrier (US Navy)
- Capcom vs. SNK 2 (video game)
- Cache Valley Soaring Association (Logan, UT)
- Campus Video Services Alliance
Samples in periodicals archive:
Wild berries undergo a similar process but EVM contamination is at a higher level than with cultivated varieties.
Carol Klein celebrates the humble daffodil, travelling to Lincolnshire to meet a man who preserves a historic collection of cultivated varieties.
In a study published in the journal Nature Genetics on Sunday, Sargent and an international team of researchers found that the wild strawberry genome has around 35,000 genes, about one and a half times the number that humans have, and most of these will also be in cultivated varieties, they said.
Most cultivated varieties of rice respond well to SRI and generally return a higher price at the market.
The wild berries taste infinitely better than the cultivated varieties that seem to be 'in season' in stores from June.
He said the Plant Genomics & Molecular Breeding Labs of NIBGE developed IR-3701 which has a very high ginning out turn (GOT) percentage (43-47%) and is substantially higher than the GOT (35-40%) of present cultivated varieties.
He said the Plant Genomics and Molecular Breeding Labs of NIBGE developed IR 3701, which has a very high ginning outturn (GOT) percentage (43-47 percent) and is substantially higher than the GOT (35-40 percent) of present cultivated varieties.