March weekends have been spent pouring over horticultural catalogues and the Sunday supplements to decide whether to grow the versatile Tromboncino courgettes or the British-bred Defenders with their resistance to cucumber mosaic virus, in our tiny windswept vegetable plot.
What does CMV stand for?
CMV stands for Cucumber Mosaic Virus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CMV
We have 88 other meanings of CMV in our Acronym Attic
- Constructions Métalliques de Vendée (French metal manufacturing company)
- Constructions Métalliques Vauclusiennes (French steel construction company)
- Continuous Mandatory Ventilation (mechanical ventilation)
- Controlled Medical Vocabularies
- Conventional Mechanical Ventilation
- Converted Meteorological Visibility (aviation)
- Coordinated and Multiple Views in Exploratory Visualization (IEEE conference)
- Counter Mobility Vehicle
- Coûts Moyens Variables
- Cryptographic Module Validation (NIST)
- Current Market Value (finance)
- Cucumber Mosaic Virus Isolated from Catharanthus Roseus
- Canadian Machinery Vibration Association
- Clinique Médicale de Ville d'Avray (French medical clinic)
- Coordinated Millimeter-VLBI (Very Long Baseline Interferometry) Array (telescope program)
- Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology (Leuven, Belgium)
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Consulting (Manhasset, NY)
- Compound Membrane-Vesicle Complex (neurology)
- Configuration Management Version Control
Samples in periodicals archive:
Each plant sample was placed separately in a plastic bag and kept at 4[degrees]C until analyzed by Bean yellow mosaic virus (BYMV), Bean common mosaic virus (BCMV), Cucumber mosaic virus (CMV), Tomato spotted wilt virus (TSWV) and Alfalfa mosaic virus (AMV) polyclonal antibodies, and DAS-ELISA was performed as described by Clark and Adams .
 preferentially used the method to assess the spread of cucumber mosaic virus in narrow-leaf lupins (Lupinus angustifolius).
Cy Marston, Carmarthen ATHE blotches are symptoms of cucumber mosaic virus, a serious disease spread by sap-feeding pests such as aphids.
You have described courgettes under attack from cucumber mosaic virus.
The plants can also host crop viruses, such as cucumber mosaic virus, potato leafroll virus, potato virus Y, tomato mosaic, or the potato fungus Alternaria solani.
Evaluation of SDS-Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and immunostrip technique for detection of Tobacco mosaic virus (TMV) and Cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) in IRAQ.
For example, epidemics of Cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) have significantly reduced tomato production in the southeastern U.