Increases in abrasive raw material demand will be led by manufactured minerals, as super abrasives such as manufactured diamond and cubic boron nitride continue to be used extensively based on their hardness and superior performance characteristics.
What does CBN stand for?
CBN stands for Cubic Boron Nitride
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CBN
We have 132 other meanings of CBN in our Acronym Attic
- Community Broadband Network (UK)
- Conception Bay North (Newfoundland)
- Confection Boischaut Nord (French: North Boischaut Manufacturing; Écueillé, France)
- Conservatoire Botanique National (French: National Botanical Conservatory; various locations)
- Cooperative Base Network (National Geodetic Survey)
- Copenhagen Business News (Copenhagen Capacity; Denmark)
- Correlated Bivariate Normal
- Costa Blanca Nachrichten (German Language Newspaper; Costa Blanca, Spain)
- Country Background Notes
- Crested Butte News (Montana)
- Cyprus Blog Network
- Czar Broadcasting Network (website)
- Capacity Building Needs Assessment
- Carrollwood Business Networking Association
- Catholic Bishop of Northern Alaska (Fairbanks, AK)
- Cell Biology, Neurobiology, Anatomy
- Christian Business Networking Association (Fishers, IN)
- Citibank North America
- Citibank, National Association (New York, NY)
- Coe-Brown Northwood Academy (Northwood, New Hampshire)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Duralor manufactures cubic boron nitride (cBN) coatings for cutting-tool applications currently in use with a global automotive manufacturer and in the heavy machinery industry under the product name TuffTek.
CBN and PCD Grades Through advanced metallurgy research, Sumitomo provides a wide variety of polycrystalline cubic boron nitrides (CBN) and polycrystalline diamonds (PCD) that contribute to the advancement of technology and cutting tool performance.
The balance that is provided by the adjustment is particularly important for boring at high speeds with polycrystalline diamond (PCD) or cubic boron nitride (CBN) tools, especially as this facilitates improved surface finish.
It now concentrates on synthetic polycrystalline diamond, cubic boron nitride and chemical vapor deposition (CVD) diamond films on tooling.
Norton, Go, Worcester, MA, manufactures cubic boron nitride (CBN) grinding wheels for use in high-volume, tight-tolerance applications.
Norton, Co, Worcester, MA, manufactures cubic boron nitride (CBN) grinding wheels for use in high-volume, tight-tolerance applications.
On this scale, diamond's hardness is around 100 gigapascals (GPa) of pressure, while cubic boron nitride has a hardness of 50 GPa.