CANF DISMISSES ROMNEY 'CAMPAIGN RHETORIC' Francisco "Pepe" Hernandez, president of the Miami based Cuban American National Foundation (CANF), said some of Romney's proposed Cuba policies are merely campaign rhetoric that would be discarded if he ever entered the Oval Office.
What does CANF stand for?
CANF stands for Cuban American National Foundation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CANF
We have 1 other meaning of CANF in our Acronym Attic
- Canadian Expatriate
- Canadian Experiments
- Canadian Forces Exchange System
- Cancelled Exercise (US Navy)
- Casualty Canceled
- Canadian French
- Center for Advanced Nuclear Fuel Cycles (US Department of Energy)
- Circolo Autostoriche Nino Farina (Italian: Circle Historic Cars Nino Farina)
- Coalition Against No-Fault (Canada)
- Crédit Agricole Nord de France (French: North France Agricultural Bank)
- Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research
- California Adolescent Nutrition and Fitness (Berkeley, CA)
- California Adolescent Nutrition and Fitness Program
- CANDU Flexible Fuelling (advanced fuel design for CANDU nuclear reactors)
- Canadian Fleet Atlantic
- Canadian Fleet Pacific
- Canadian Armed Force
- Canadian Forces General Message
- Combined Army Navy Foul Up (polite form)
- Central Asian Nuclear Weapon-Free Zone
Samples in periodicals archive:
The leading organization for Cuban exiles in Miami is calling on the White House to expand relations with Cuba, and funnel more public and private American money to the Cuban people, reports The NY Times (April 9, 2009): A 14-page proposal from the Cuban American National Foundation, lays out what it calls "a break from the past" that would "chart a new direction for U.
The emphasis now has to be to help the Cubans help themselves; the responsibility is with them," said Francisco Hernandez on Wednesday, president of the Cuban American National Foundation.
Ana Maria Fernandez Haar, Vice Chair of the New America Alliance and Board Member of the Cuban American National Foundation stated, "Gery Chico's candidacy gives Hispanics across our nation the opportunity to elect a highly qualified, deeply committed public servant to the United States Senate.
Since July, the powerful Miami-based exile organization the Cuban American National Foundation (CANF) has gone through a name change, a radical policy reorientation, and a mass resignation of directors.
Saying its trademark registration had lapsed, the splinter group claims that it now owns the Cuban American National Foundation name.
Nevertheless, the Cuban American National Foundation, a Cuban exile group, said it still hoped to set up a meeting.
The Cuban American National Foundation, dissenting from the praise, said that sending humanitarian relief gives the wrong message to Castro.