Some stakeholders within the POFON have alleged certain local producers especially in the food processing industry of conniving to strangle the local oil palm sector as their latest move to force the Federal Government to throw Nigeria open to free flow of cheap imported Crude Palm Oil (CPO) into the country.
What does CPO stand for?
CPO stands for Crude Palm Oil
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CPO
We have 272 other meanings of CPO in our Acronym Attic
- Core Process Optimization
- Core Project Office
- Corporate Planning Office
- Correctional Program Officer (various locations)
- Corrections Program Office
- Cost Per Order (advertising)
- Cost Per Output
- Country Programme Outline
- County Planning Officer
- Crime Prevention Officer (UK)
- Current Purchase Option
- Customer Payment Order (banking)
- Customer Purchase Order (sales)
- Czech Philharmonic Orchestra
- Certified Professional Organizer in Chronic Disorganization (National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization)
- Contract, Cost-Plus-Percentage-Of-Cost
- Chief Petty Officer First Class
- Chief Petty Officer Second Class
- California Peace Officers' Association
- Captiva Property Owners Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The prices of coal, oil, and crude palm oil fell in 2012.
Summary: Malaysian crude palm oil futures inched down on Friday, as investors took a more cautious stance on weak economic data from the United States and China, worrying that slowing global growth could hurt commodity demand.
Growth in population and in the fast food industries' business led to an increasing intake of oily food items and higher industrial demand for crude palm oil and so boosted import volume.
JFX plans to launch contracts for several agricultural products, including coffee, cocoa, crude palm oil and rubber in the first stage, with energy products like coal, diesel oil and ethanol to follow.
Currently, 15 of Sime Darby's 60 plantation 'strategic operating units' have the capacity to produce more than 500,000 tonnes of sustainable crude palm oil a year in total, and the producer intends to have them all certified by the end of 2011.
Ricky Chin Kok Thye, Executive Director of Oriental Pacific Futures, acknowledged the growing interest in Bursa derivatives products especially on halal-futures such as crude palm oil but disconnected by past sentiments and lack of trade knowledge.
Pakistan reduced the import duty on crude palm oil to 8,000 rupees ($105.