The Priority 1 fire mission: call-for-fire (FM:CFF) message generated by a critical friendly zone (CFZ) violation does not include the impact grid--the CFO needed both the impact and origin to execute the battle drill.
What does CFZ stand for?
CFZ stands for Critical Friendly Zone (field artillery term)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CFZ
We have 21 other meanings of CFZ in our Acronym Attic
- Concord Family and Youth Services (Acton, MA)
- Cape Fear Youth Soccer Association (Wilmington, NC)
- Crumbs from Your Table (U2 song)
- Canadian Forces Yukon Territory Frequency Modulation (community radio; Canada)
- Cape Fear Yacht Works (North Carolina)
- Canucks Fan Zone (Vancouver Canucks fan site)
- Centre for Fortean Zoology
- Centrum Flagi Ziemi (Polish: Center for Earth Flags; est.1978)
- Chabahar Free Trade-Industrial Zone (Iran)
- Clark Freeport Zone (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The COR worked with the Fire Support Officer (FSO) to protect the teams from artillery by covering them with no-fire areas (NFAs) or critical friendly zones (CFZs)  that allowed the BRT's teams room for limited relocation of their LP/OPs when necessary.
Critical friendly zones were also established over the crossing area.