A mixed-method approach is employed, including the gathering of quantitative data, qualitative in-depth interviews with key actors (domestic placement agencies owners, employers, employees and policy makers), and critical discourse analysis of regulations and policy documents.
What does CDA stand for?
CDA stands for Critical Discourse Analysis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CDA
We have 486 other meanings of CDA in our Acronym Attic
- Council for Disability Awareness
- Country Dance Association (various locations)
- Courriers de l'Aube (French transportation company)
- Coverage Determination Application
- Crash Dump Analyzer
- Crash-Damaged Aircraft
- Crater Detection Algorithm (Mars exploration)
- Criminal Defense Attorney
- Critical Decision Analysis
- Critical Design Audit
- Cuban Democracy Act of 1992
- Cubic Defense Applications
- Current Differencing Amplifier
- Cyclic Division Algebras (a class of division algebra)
- Cymdeithas Draughts Association (Wales)
- United States Army DARCOM Catalog Data Activity
- Congenital Dyserythropoietic Anaemia Type I
- Conflict Detection, Alerting, and Resolution
- Career Development and Assignments/Career Development Officer
- Cell Division Autoantigen 1 (antiprolierative protein)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The authors draw on the work of Gunter Kress, Norman Fairclough, Ruth Wodak, and Theo van Leeuwen and introduce the main theoretical concepts underpinning their approach; the analysis of choices in words and texts; semiotic resources for representing the attitudes of speakers through verbs, gaze and interaction, and poses; linguistic and visual methods for representing people and what people do; the use of metaphors and other rhetorical tropes like hyperbole in different contexts; nominalization and presupposition in language as strategies for concealment; modality and hedging in texts and visual communication; and criticisms of critical discourse analysis and multimodal critical discourse analysis.
Utilizing the method of critical discourse analysis, this research examines the lyrics of 20 rap songs recorded between 2005 through 2010 to analyze the function and role of color references in popular rap lyrics.
As a way to demonstrate how teacher education students in a graduate multicultural course critically examined race through a discursive framework of racism, this article includes excerpts from students' papers wherein they apply critical discourse analysis (CDA) to examine how discursive racism is produced through films, including Stand and Deliver and Freedom Writers.
Fairclough, Norman (1995), Critical Discourse Analysis, London, Longman.
All in all, an interesting case study for critical discourse analysis.
This critical discourse analysis examined visual messages of 55 covers on common childbirth education books.
In my analysis of these three sources, I borrow heavily from Norman Fairclough's approach to critical discourse analysis (CDA).