North American Power Plant Air Emissions builds upon the first-such CEC assessment (published in 2004) that compiled information on emissions of two criteria air contaminants and limited information on mercury and carbon dioxide emissions from power plants in North America for the year 2002.
What does CACs stand for?
CACs stands for Criteria Air Contaminants
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CACs
We have 44 other meanings of CACs in our Acronym Attic
- Comprehensive Automobile Traffic Control System (Japan)
- Computational Acoustics
- Computer Assisted Collection System (Sprint)
- Computer Audit, Control and Security
- Containment Air Cooling System
- Continuous Aerodynamic Control Surface
- Contract Audit Closing Statement (DCAA)
- Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring
- Council on Applied Chiropractic Sciences
- Creative Arts Charter School (California)
- Critical Area Commission Staff
- Customer Administration Communication System
- Customized Auto Credit Services, Inc.
- Campaign against the Child Support Act (UK)
- Central Asia Crafts Support Association
- Committee Against Corruption in Saudi Arabia
- Contemporary Art Centre of South Australia
- Canadian Amateur Combat Sports Council (mixed martial arts)
- Cultural Arts Council of Sonoma County (California)
- Canadian Association of Christians in Student Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
It finds that although they are relatively few in number (156), cement manufacturing facilities are a significant source of some criteria air contaminants (256,123 metric tonnes of NOx and 200,393 metric tonnes of SO(2)) and persistent bioaccumulative toxics (7,648 kg of mercury and its compounds to air).
A conceptual model is presented, which situates the benefits for human health from reductions in criteria air contaminants (CAC's) within a broader set of benefits for ecosystems, environment and social welfare.