The goal of the NCHIP grant program is to improve the nation's safety and security by enhancing the quality, completeness, and accessibility of criminal history record information and by ensuring the nationwide implementation of criminal justice and noncriminal justice background check systems.
What does CHRI stand for?
CHRI stands for Criminal History Record Information
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CHRI
We have 29 other meanings of CHRI in our Acronym Attic
- Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital (Lexington, Kentucky)
- Centre Hospitalier Régional Hutois (Huy, Belgium)
- Camden Hills Regional High School (Rockport, ME)
- Chechen Republic of Ichkeria
- China Health Resource, Inc. (traditional Chinese medicine products)
- Christian Hits Radio, Inc. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Christiansted National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Coalition for the Human Rights of Immigrants
- Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (UK)
- Comprehensive Human Rights Initiative
- Committee for Health Rights in the Americas (San Francisco, CA)
- Criminal History Records Information Act (Pennsylvania)
- Chautauqua Home Rehabilitation and Improvement Corporation (Mayville, NY)
- Committee for Health Rights in Central America
- Council on Hotel, Restaurant & Institutional Education
- Consolidated Hazardous Material Reutilization and Inventory Management Program
- California Historical Resources Information System
- Chemical Hazards Response Information System (US DoD)
- Coastal Habitat Resources Information System (Australia)
- Command Human Resources Intelligence System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Frank's expert policy and legal guidance on security, privacy, and dissemination of criminal history record information through the years has been invaluable to FBI's CJIS Division.
The report describes the various parties involved from local law enforcement agencies and prosecutors to governmental agencies, such as the Department of Health and Human Services, and private licensing boards; it also discusses the information that needs to be shared, including not only basic information on an offender, such as name, date of birth, and hair color but also digital mug-shots, electronic fingerprints, document images, and criminal history record information.
In 1973, Congress amended the Omnibus Crime and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to require, in part, that states and local agencies ensure the completeness of the criminal history record information in their state repositories.
Unisys Corporation (NYSE:UIS) today announced that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has awarded it a new contract change order to upgrade and manage the infrastructure that supports the Pennsylvania State Police's Computerized Criminal History Record Information System (CCHRI).
Under current law, criminal history record information provided to law enforcement agencies is not the same as the information provided to individuals requesting information.
Garvie, Section Chief, Automated Fingerprint Processing Section, Identification Division, FBI, cited in Bureau of Justice Statistics, Statutes Requiring the Use of Criminal History Record Information, 1991, 1.
As part of achieving that mission, Unisys Corporation (NYSE:UIS) has been awarded a three-and-a-half year, $17 million services contract by the Pennsylvania State Police to redesign the state's Computerized Criminal History Record Information System (CCHRI).