Two new studies from the University of New Hampshire Crimes against Children Research Center suggest that concerns about teen sexting may be overblown.
What does CACRC stand for?
CACRC stands for Crimes Against Children Research Center (University of New Hampshire)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CACRC
We have 2 other meanings of CACRC in our Acronym Attic
- Center for Applied Coastal Research (University of Delaware)
- Centre for Applied Cryptographic Research (University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada)
- Chamber of Auditors of the Czech Republic (professional organization)
- Corrective Action Completion Report (Illinois)
- Cuban Assets Control Regulations (US)
- Cycle Audit and Cycle Review (UK)
- Carolinas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Capital Area Corporate Recycling Council (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Commercial Aircraft Composite Repair Committee (Joint ATA/IATA/SAE Committee)
- Community Affairs, Culture and Recreation Committee (Hong Kong)
- Calcium and cAMP (Adenosine 3'5' Cyclic Monophosphate) Response-Element
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Custodian Account & Custodian Request Log
- Coalition for African Centered Rites of Passage
- Capital Area Crisis Response Team (Washington, DC)
- California Association of College Stores
- Call Admission Control Scheme
- Canadian Active Control System
- Canadian Anglican Cursillo Secretariat
- Canadian Association of Computer Science
Samples in periodicals archive:
A 2005 study by the Crimes Against Children Research Center found that 40 percent of those arrested for possessing child pornography also had sexually victimized children, Neely said.
Endnotes (1) University of New Hampshire, Crimes Against Children Research Center, Online Victimization: A Report on the Nation's Youth (Durham, NH, 2000).
The latest numbers are every parent's worst nightmare: 1 in 5 teens has been targeted by some form of online sexual harassment or solicitation, according to the Crimes Against Children Research Center.
A study done in 2006 by the University of New Hampshire's Crimes Against Children Research Center concluded that one out of seven children receive an inappropriate solicitation while using a computer.
Byline: ANI Washington, Dec 6 (ANI): A new study from the University of New Hampshire Crimes against Children Research Center has found that more than one third of those who sexually abuse children are other juveniles.
In fact, the Crimes Against Children Research Center reports that 32% of online teens have been contacted online by a complete stranger and 7% of those teens reported experiencing disturbing stranger contact," said Bob Lotter, CEO of eAgency.
The director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire also testified today.