The demonstrators are calling for the ousting of the Bank's governor, Ivan Iskrov, over the inadequate policies of the Central Bank, leading to mass violations in the Credit Institutions Act.
What does CIA stand for?
CIA stands for Credit Institutions Act (Finland)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CIA
We have 545 other meanings of CIA in our Acronym Attic
- Correctional Industries Association
- Cosmic Intelligence Agency
- Cosmic Internet Academy
- Cost Impact Analysis
- Cotton Insurance Association
- Council for Independent Archaeology (UK)
- Council for Inter-American Security (est. 1976)
- Counter Intelligence Agency (various locations)
- Courtauld Institute of Art (UK)
- Creative Investors Association
- Criminally Insane Asylum (band)
- Criminals in Action (song)
- Cryptographic Information Application
- Culinary Institute of America (Hyde Park, New York)
- Cumulative Impact Area
- Current Instruction Address
- Curriculum in Action (school field trips)
- Customer Interaction Agent
- Rome, Italy - Ciampino (Airport Code)
- Customer Information Access - Front End
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bulgaria's central bank BNB will have the right to require local lenders to reduce the size of their employees' bonuses, according to amendments to the Credit Institutions Act, which passed first reading in Parliament on November 23, Bulgarian news agency BTA said.
Despite these many positive developments, Estonia's financial system has remained fragile, but the authorities have developed an action plan for materially strengthening bank supervision during 1995, and the recent enactment of the Credit Institutions Act has enhanced enforcement powers with respect to bank supervision and prudential regulations.
Banks distributing false information which damages the reputation of their competitors will be subject to fines, following amendments to the Credit Institutions Act prepared by the Bulgarian Finance Ministry.
Credit Institutions act to protect and facilitate the manufacturing, trading, shipping, and tourism practices of all its members.
People who pay their credit early will no longer pay fees to the bank, according to amendments to the Bulgarian Credit Institutions Act.
The request for such access has been voiced during previous cabinet terms as well, but never materialized over the banks refusal to comply basing it on the Credit Institutions Act protecting their clients' account information.