They developed their creative music therapy approach through working with children who were formally labelled as having a "pathology", whether mental retardation, autism, emotional disturbance, and so on (Aigen, 1998; Nordoff & Robbins, 1971, 1977).
What does CMT stand for?
CMT stands for Creative Music Therapy
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CMT
We have 407 other meanings of CMT in our Acronym Attic
- Country Music Television, Inc
- Coupled-Mode Theory (optics)
- Course Modeling Tool
- Covariance Matrix Taper
- Craft Manufacturing & Tooling (Hot Springs, Arkansas)
- Crane Motor Traction
- Crawford, Murphy & Tilly (engineering firm; Springfield, IL)
- Créations Miniatures de Touraine (French: Miniature Creations of Touraine; Touraine, France)
- Creative Market Tokyo (Japan)
- Creative Marketing Team (Texas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Nordoff-Robbins approach to creative music therapy is based upon the belief that there is an inborn musicality in very human being that can be activated for personal growth and development.
Creative music therapy in bringing order, change and communicativeness to the life of a brain-injured adolescent.