The Sharia and the international conventions became basic sources of strength in the protection of human rights," the diplomat said while presenting Kuwait's statement on International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).
What does CCPR stand for?
CCPR stands for Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CCPR
We have 45 other meanings of CCPR in our Acronym Attic
- Center for Certification Preparation and Review
- Center for Counter Proliferation Research
- Central Council for Physical Recreation
- Climate Change Programme Review (UK)
- Clinical Policies and Research (American Academy of Family Physicians)
- Co-Channel Power Ratio
- Codex Committee on Pesticide Residues
- Compact Coupled Planar Resonator
- Comprehensive Center for Pain Research (University of Florida)
- Consultative Committee on Photometry and Radiometry
- California Cowboys Professional Rodeo Association
- Charleston County Parks and Recreation Commission (Charleston, SC)
- Child Care Policy Research Consortium
- Child Care Provider Rite Care (Rhode Island)
- Computer Crime Problems Research Center (est. 2001)
- Clean Coal Power Resources, Inc. (Louisville, KY)
- Carbon Copy Pro
- Community College Planning and Research Organization
- Community College Public Relations Organization
- Cornell Commodity Promotion Research Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Amnesty said Indonesia was a state party to The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights denies the allegations but refuses to allow foreign media or aid workers into the province to conduct independent inquiries.
The lack of consular aid "raises concerns about whether or not his right to a fair trial, guaranteed in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and binding on the United States, was fully upheld," a statement from Pillay's office said.
To ratify all of the most significant international human rights instruments, in particular the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (Finland) 2.
His lack of knowledge of human rights laws is evident by the absence of awareness of two international covenants ratified by the United States: the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and the International Covenant on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights (ICESCR.
Summary: The Moroccan expert Mohammed Ayat was elected, on Thursday in New York, as member of the UN Human Rights Committee by the States parties to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
There is a risk, warns the committee, that restrictive libel laws could affect legitimate international discussion, contrary to article 19 of the covenant on civil and political rights, which guarantees the right to freedom of speech "regardless of borders".
Cuban Foreign Minister Felipe Perez Roque said the signing of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights "formalizes and reaffirms Cuba's commitment to the rights protected in both instruments which my country has been systematically implementing since the time of the Cuban revolution in 1959"; But he served notice that "as far as the scope and application of several of the elements contained in these international instruments, Cuba will register those reservations or interpretative declarations it considers relevant.