According to AFDD 3-01, Counterair Operations, "Control of the air is normally one of the first priorities of the joint force.
What does CAO stand for?
CAO stands for Counterair Operation (US DoD)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CAO
We have 196 other meanings of CAO in our Acronym Attic
- Contract Administration Office(r)
- Contract Administrative Officer
- Control Applications of Optimization (conference)
- Coordination of Atomic Operations
- Correct Answer Only (examination marking schemes)
- Corrections Auxiliary Officer
- Corrective Action Order
- Cost Analysis Organization
- Council Appointed Officials (Palo Alto, CA)
- Counter Air Operation
- County Administrative Officer
- County Assistance Office (Pennsylvania)
- County Attorney's Office
- Crisis Action Officer
- Critical Areas Ordinance (Washington)
- Cultural Affairs Officer (U.S. State Department, Public Affairs)
- Current As Of
- Customer Assistance Office
- Customs Administrative Order (Philippines)
- Standing Operating Procedures for Coordination of Atomic Operations (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Higher headquarters concluded that P-51-equipped units in the future would focus on higher-altitude counterair operations.
Obviously as well (and by some standards anachronistic if anyone ever thought about it), Air Force fighters cannot conduct counterair operations at anywhere near the same intercontinental ranges at which bombers and transports operate--a clear contrast to the Navy's capability.
Like counterair operations, counterspace operations have offensive and defensive components.
Space Superiority Just as we gain and maintain air superiority through offensive and defensive counterair operations, so do we achieve space superiority through offensive and defensive counterspace operations.