In 1977 while serving a seven year sentence, he filed a civil suit against the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) which resulted in the release of government documents confirming that the RNA had been targeted for subversion by the covert and often illegal Counter Intelligence Program of the FBI.
What does COINTELPRO stand for?
COINTELPRO stands for Counter Intelligence Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Community of Interest Network Service
- Community On-Line Intelligence System
- Computer Output Information System
- Connection-Oriented Network Services
- Consolidated On-Line Intelligence System
- Construction Industry Solutions Ltd
- Consumer On-Line Information Network Service (Canada)
- Corporate Information Network System
- Corporate Information Superhighway (Telekom Malaysia)
- Sociedad Anónima de Consultoría e Ingeniería Técnica Industrial SA (Technical Industrial Engineering and Consulting Co., Argentina)
- Conflict of Interest Officer
- Canada-Ontario Infrastructure Program
- Caribbean Organisation of Indigenous People
- Centre Ontarien d'Information en Prévention (French: Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse)
- Communications Over Internet Protocol
- Community Outreach Intervention Projects (Chicago, IL)
- Conferencing Over Internet Protocol
- Council of Indigenous People (Taiwan)
- Committee on Injury and Poison Prevention (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Collectors of Illinois Pottery and Stoneware
Samples in periodicals archive:
Edgar Hoover, along with the Counter Intelligence Program or COINTELPRO.
These efforts to help agitators agitate recall the work of the FBI's notorious Counter Intelligence Program (COINTELPRO), which sowed confusion among radicals in myriad ways, from publishing a fake Black Panther Coloring Book filled with violent racial imagery for children to spreading the rumor that the actress-activist Jean Seberg was pregnant with a Panther's child.