23 ( ANI ): The Assam Rifles has been training its commandos in Tripura for counter insurgency operations in the northeast.
What does COINOPS stand for?
COINOPS stands for Counter Insurgency Operations (various armed forces)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Conference on Optical Internet and Australian Conference on Optical Fiber Technology
- International Conference on Optical Internet and Next Generation Network
- Coordinadora de Organizaciones Indígenas-Campesinas de Bolivia (Spanish: Coordinator of Indigenous and Peasant Organizations of Bolivia)
- Constructive Incremental Cost Model (software engineering)
- Cooperación Indígena para el Desarrollo Integral (Spanish: Indigenous Cooperation for Integral Development; Guatemala)
- Cultural Objects in Networked Environments
- Concurrency in Enterprise Systems (International Workshop)
- Centro Odontológico Integrado de Nova Friburgo (Portugese)
- Council of International Neonatal Nurses, Inc. (Edmond, OK)
- Counter Insurgency Operation
- Constructores Industriales Peruanos SA (Spanish)
- Center of Integrated Nanomechanical Systems (University of California, Berkeley)
- Commerce Online Information Network System
- Commercial Operations Integrated System
- Communications and Information Systems
- Community of Interest Network Service
- Community On-Line Intelligence System
- Computer Output Information System
- Connection-Oriented Network Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Indian commanders, the long period of absence from home and family, caused by long tenures on counter insurgency operations in Kashmir and the Indian North Eastern Region has sapped state of morale in the Indian Army.
After weeks of negotiations between the US and Pakistan's new army chief of staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, a squad of American trainers will arrive later this year to teach soldiers how to handle counter insurgency operations, rather than a conventional land war against India.