The criteria and other resources developed by the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers can be found at corestandards.
What does CCSCO stand for?
CCSCO stands for Council of Chief State School Officers
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of CCSCO in our Acronym Attic
- Canberra City and Suburban Cricket Association (Australia)
- Center for Creative Studies College of Art & Design
- Champaign County Sports Car Club (est. 1957; Illinois)
- Common Channel Signaling Communications Controller (Sprint)
- Cultural Council of Santa Cruz County (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Center for Continuing Study of the California Economy
- Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges Eastern Conference
- Cancer Care Specialists of Central Illinois
- Concerned Citizens of South Central Los Angeles
- Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges Northeast
- Computer Communications Systems Control Specialist
- Coordinadora de Centrales Sindicales del Cono Sur (Spanish)
- Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis (est. 2007; Missouri)
- Community Council of South Central Texas
- Capital City Savings and Credit Union (Canada)
- California College San Diego (formerly California College for Health Sciences)
- Canadian Council on Social Development
- Canadian Cultural Society of the Deaf
- Capital City Statistical Divisions (Australia)
- Central Columbia School District (Bloomsburg, PA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The creation of the Common Core Standards was a voluntary, state-led effort coordinated by the National Governor's Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO).
That same day, Kentucky Commissioner of Education Terry Holliday and New York Commissioner of Education John King, who also testified at the hearing, and New Jersey Commissioner of Education Chris Cerf discussed their states' new accountability systems and the implications of waivers on state and federal policies and practice at a Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) forum.
The K-12 English and mathematics standards, released in June 2010 by the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and the Council of Chief State School Officers, establish clear goals for [earning to prepare children for success in college and work.
More states may consider moving to an augmented ACT or SAT assessment design as they begin to adopt the Common Core State Standards, the learning outcomes guidelines issued by the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers.
The states have formed a Teacher Performance Assessment Consortium under the auspices of the American Association of Colleges and Teachers and the Council of Chief State School Officers.
Heath said that "no standards have been set forth" yet According to a June 1 article in the Washington Post, the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers are leading the effort "to define a framework of content and skills that meet an overarching goal.
An effort welling up from the states to close this disparity is being led by the National Governors Association and the national Council of Chief State School Officers.