The Council of Canadians with Disabilities highlighted in its January 2010 newsletter that, working through the Canadian Council for International Cooperation (CCIC), it was able to include wordings related to people with disabilities in the "Canadian Civil Society Statement to the Foreign Ministers Meeting on Haiti", a meeting that took place in Montreal, January 25, 2010.
What does CCD stand for?
CCD stands for Council of Canadians with Disabilities (Conseil des Canadiens avec Déficiences)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CCD
We have 448 other meanings of CCD in our Acronym Attic
- Control of Communicable Diseases (various locations)
- Convention de Lutte Contre La Désertification (French: Convention to Combat Desertification; UN)
- Convention Internationale de Lutte Contre La Désertification (French: International Convention to Combat Desertification)
- Convention to Combat Desertification
- Cooperative Collection Development (libraries)
- Corporate Communications Department
- Corporate Customer Database (AAFES)
- Corpus Callosum Division (neurology)
- Correspondence Control Division (White House)
- Cortical Collecting Duct
- Council of Chapters and Divisions (UN)
- Counseling and Career Development
- Counter Current Decantation (mineral processing)
- County Conservation Districts
- Courage the Cowardly Dog (cartoon show)
- Course Code Directory (Florida Department of Education)
- Creative Communications & Design (est. 2003; Macedonia, OH)
- Creative Compulsive Disorder
- Critically Controlled Document
- Cursor Controlled Device
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Council of Canadians with Disabilities celebrated the decision and was "thrilled to see the removal of another long-standing barrier to our mobility and travel.
A spokesman for the Council of Canadians with Disabilities stated: "I wonder if the [parole] board would have reversed the decision if Tracy had been a non-disabled child.
But a representative of the Council of Canadians with Disabilities said, "it's clear that its open season on the disabled.
The Council of Canadians with Disabilities (CCD) says one of the most important social phenomena of the latter half of the 20th century has been the emergence of the Disability Rights Movement.
The Canadian Association for Community Living and the Council of Canadians with Disabilities welcomed the report stating: "While encouraged by the report, the disability community believes this must be considered as one piece of a disability agenda.
Peggy Hutchison, Brock University Alison Pedlar, University of Waterloo, Susan Arai, Brock University, Canadian Association of Independent Living Centres, Ottawa Council of Canadians with Disabilities, Winnipeg, National Network for Mental Health, St.