An Energy Star Home uses 30 percent less energy for heating, cooling and water heating than a home based on the Model Energy Code developed by the Council of American Building Officials.
What does CABO stand for?
CABO stands for Council of American Building Officials
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CABO
We have 19 other meanings of CABO in our Acronym Attic
- Combat Aviation Battalion
- Consortium of American Businesses in the Newly Independent States (US Department of Commerce)
- College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources (University of Nevada, Reno)
- Cabo San Lucas (BCS, Mexico)
- California Association of Bicycle Organizations (est. 1972)
- Canadian Association of Basketball Officials
- Carolina Alpaca Breeders & Owners
- Chemical Agents and Agents of Biological Origin
- Chemical And Biological Ordnance
- Cisplatin, Methotrexate, Bleomycin, & Vincristine (chemotherapy regimen)
- Cutting Above & Beyond Objections (medical equipment)
- Citizens Against the Beltway Orange Location (Knoxville, TN)
- Cleveland Area Board of Realtors (Ohio)
- Commonwealth Advisory Body on Sport (Australia)
- Citizens Against the Burning of Tires (Canada)
- Calcium Binding Protein
- Cameron Ashley Building Products, Inc. (Dallas, TX)
- Canadian Alliance of British Pensioners (Toronto, Canada)
- Carotid Artery Blood Pressure
- Certificate of the Arab Board of Pediatrics
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Jay Crandell, Project Manager for the NAHB Research Center, work is currently well underway on the development of a code change submittal to the Council of American Building Officials (CABO) One - and Two-Family Dwelling Code.
To qualify for the tax credit, new homes must exceed by 30% or more the energy efficiency standards specified in the 1993 Council of American Building Officials Model Energy Code (1993 CABO MEC).