Comic Con attractions include dealer stalls, comic village, DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) Area, retro gaming, games expo, main stage, costume play and live robots from TV series Robot Wars.
What does COSPLAY stand for?
COSPLAY stands for Costume Play
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Consortium for Open Source in the Public Administration (Europe)
- Coordinating Office for Student Placements Abroad (Netherlands)
- Coordinated Specification Analysis
- Committee On Space Research
- Cosmitscheskaja Sistema Poiska Awarinitsch Sudow (Russian: space system for search of vessels in distress)
- Coalition of Service Providers to Block Bad Behavior
- Cooperazione per lo Sviluppo dei Paesi Emergenti (Italian)
- Correlation Spectrometer
- Centro Orientamento Scolastico Professionale E Sociale (Italian: Scholastic Professional Guidance Center and Social Council)
- Comparison of Sante/Public Health (European Union program)
- Community Open Source Program Office (US CIA)
- Comprehensive, Operational, Strategic Planning for the Police (European Police Chiefs Taskforce)
- Colorado School of Professional Psychology (University of the Rockies; Colorado Springs, CO)
- Council of Specialties in Professional Psychology (est. 1992; various locations)
- Colorado School Public Relations Association
- Committee on Science and Public Policy
- Channel-Optimized Scalar Quantizer
- Class of Service Queues
- Communications Operations Squadron
- Cost Of Software Quality
Samples in periodicals archive:
The convention, taking place at the Seaburn Centre on Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24 will also see visitors from around the world battling it out in a costume play, known as cosplay, in a bid to win Europe's largest ever first prize of PS2,000.
Although NYCC is a chance for people from around the country to see their favorite artists, writers and television stars at panels and autograph signings, a large attraction for many is the creative costume play, also known as "cosplay.
It will also feature a 'cosplay', the term derived from the English words costume play, where participants can dress up in costumes and accessories as their favourite anime or video game character and enter the 'Best Cosplay' competition.
The recently opened eatery in Manila hopes to cash in on the growing popularity of "cosplay" or costume play among Filipinos, in which participants dress up as favourite characters from manga comics to indulge in a spot of cartoon revellery.
She's made a video bringing out this costume play subculture where people dress up as their favourite video game characters and play throughout the city.
About Disguise Disguise is a leading fashion driven design company in the global costume business, offering the trendiest styles for both everyday costume play and Halloween.
The title refers to the subculture of costume play in which young men and women dress as Japanese anime characters and behave as their chosen avatars.