President Barack Obama will press Congress to approve 250 dollar stimulus said Friday earlier announced it would not be making cost of living adjustments to pension payments to seniors for the second year running.
What does COLA stand for?
COLA stands for Cost Of Living Adjustment
This definition appears very rarely
See other definitions of COLA
We have 74 other meanings of COLA in our Acronym Attic
- Center for On-Line Addiction
- Central Oregon Llama Association
- Certificate of Label Approval (Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau)
- Citizens Organized for Liberty Through Action (Belize)
- City of London Academy (London, UK)
- Collision Avoidance (space/satellite operations)
- Combined Operating License Application
- comp.os.linux.advocacy (newsgroup)
- Constant Output Level Adaptor
- Construction and Operating License Application (nuclear energy regulation)
- Cost Of Living Allowance
- Cost Of Living Amount (insurance)
- County of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Covered Outdoor Learning Area
- Coupled Ocean-Land-Atmosphere 1-Dimensional Model
- Coalition of Labor, Agriculture and Business
- Centre for Organisational Leadership and Change (UK)
- Commanding Officer Light Attack Craft (Honor Harrington science fiction novels)
- Confederación Latinoamericana de Cooperativas de Ahorro y Credito (Confederation of Latin American Credit Unions)
- Confraternidad Latinoamericana de Cirujanos Buco Maxilo Faciales
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is not too much to ask that those who are the wealthiest among us pay the same rate of tax as average working Americans so our seniors can have a much-needed cost of living adjustment next year.
The IRS has unveiled cost of living adjustments applicable to dollar limitations for pension plans and other items, for tax year 2006.
And it should consider reducing cost of living adjustments and/or implementing a gradual phase-in of lower replacement ratios.
This contract protects wages for our existing employees, preserves Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) payments and maintains excellent health care benefits for both our active and retired members," said USW-BFGoodrich coordinator Larry Jackson.
Niekamp said the cost of living adjustment for the 2002-03 school year was about 2 percent.
2 million general fund balance draw down, conservative revenue projections will likely lead to level or better results despite the addition of 65 new positions, a 3% cost of living adjustment, and a significant adjustment to the police and fire salary schedules.
The Runner bill doesn't change that revenue limit amount assigned to each school district; rather, it changes the cost of living adjustment that each district receives from Proposition 98 funds.