One standard method for estimating the number is to measure the cosmic X-ray background.
What does CXRB stand for?
CXRB stands for Cosmic X-Ray Background
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Common IFF Digital Transponder Program (US Navy shipboard and aircraft Identification Friend or Foe Transponder)
- Constellation Program (US NASA)
- Customer Experience
- Characteristic X-Radiation
- Chest X-Ray
- Christmas Island (ISO Country code)
- Coherent X-Radiation
- Conventional X-Ray
- Chest X-Ray Equivalents
- Center for X-ray Optics (California)
- Channel X Radio Services (Louisville, KY)
- Charge-Exchange Recombination Spectroscopy
- Coherent X-Ray Scattering
- Conlang X-Sampa (linguistics)
- Constructors of Xtreme Sports (Denmark)
- Constellation Safety Engineering Review Panel (NASA)
- Chief Executives Steering Group
- C Exploration Tools (programming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ASCA's observations of the diffuse glow of X rays, known as the cosmic X-ray background, suggest that the output of quasars and to the brightest active galaxies can't by themselves account for most of the background at X-ray energies below 10,000 electronvolts.